Choosing a niche should be easy. All you have to do is consider something that you really like, something you are passionate about and sure that you can sustain it. Of course people will tell you that you have to think about money or ROI, since that would be your online business. But the key here is to do what you really love and money will just follow. But if you are motivated by online income, then make sure that you choose the niche that can give you profit all the year through. Just a reminder though, to continue earning, you have to optimize the website and continue working for it.
Some of the popular niches these days are finance, business, internet marketing, health, beauty and wellness, online dating, and parenting. There’s a tight competition between finance and internet marketing niche. As for the others, the competition can be easily handled. Take for example the dating and parenting niche. Dating is more specific than parenting which is a bit broad and can be broken down into other sub topics or local keywords such as Bedford dating or New York dating. Now, let’s focus on online dating and see how you can build links if you choose this niche.
1. Submit your site in different link directories and categorize it as dating and relationship.
2. Search for dating blogs and offer guest posts.
3. Write dating articles and submit it to article directories.
4. Do some blog commenting on dating and relationship websites.
5. Link exchange with other related websites.
6. Do some onsite and offsite search engine optimization.
7. Create forum profiles with a link back to your website.